Belmopan. February 8, 2019. The Government of Belize, through the Ministry with responsibility for Investment, Trade and Commerce, along with the Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE), continues to strengthen bilateral relations with the Republic of China (Taiwan) through the facilitation of two (2) exchange investment missions between both countries. The objectives of the missions are to increase foreign direct Investment in priority industries that will contribute positively to Belize’s macroeconomic growth.
The investment missions will provide opportunities for insights and strategic investments in key industries, through tailored meetings and site visits with key industry executives and decision makers in both the public and private sector, matching the needs and interests of the delegates. It is expected that the missions will result in investments that will generate the following direct benefits:
- Increase foreign exchange;
- Increase employment via Greenfield investments;
- Sustain and add employment via joint-ventures with established companies;
- Increase revenues to the Government of Belize, such as tax contributions;
- Transfer of skillsets and technology.
- Access to preferential markets via Belize;
- Diversify source of revenue generation via establishment in Belize;
- Strengthen the bilateral relationship with Belize, while fostering new partnership opportunities.
The Government of Belize is committed to strengthening its efforts to increase interests in Belize as an investment destination, through regional integration and openness to trade and investment.
The media is cordially invited to the handing over ceremony for the exchange of investment missions to be held at the Belize Training & Employment Centre (BTEC) at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, February 11th, 2019.