Belmopan. February 26, 2019. The Elections and Boundaries Department hereby informs the public that in accordance with Statutory Instrument No. 20 of 2008, Monitors are allowed to observe the 10th April 2019 Referendum.
As a result, the following organizations that are represented in the National Assembly are invited to appoint referendum monitors at each polling/counting station:
- The Ruling Party – United Democratic Party (UDP);
- The Opposition Party – People’s United Party (PUP);
- Belize Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Belize Business Bureau;
- National Trade Union Congress & the Civil Society Steering Committee;
- Belize Council of Churches and Evangelical Association of Churches; and
- Non-Governmental Organizations.
In an effort to ensure transparency and accountability in the referendum process, the Department is extending an invitation to members of these organizations, who are interested in monitoring the Referendum on 10th April 2019, to attend a meeting on Friday, 1st March 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at the Inspiration Center Conference Room, 2 ½ Miles George Price Highway, Belize City to discuss the roles and responsibilities of Monitors.
Member Organizations are urged to confirm attendance by calling the Elections and Boundaries Department, Central Office, at Telephone Number 222-4042/4992 or email email@example.com no later than 2:00 p.m. on Thursday 28th February 2019.
“Register Today! Be a Part of History.”